4 day(s) | 2.80 CEUs REGISTRATION FEE: Member: $1,595 | Non-member: $1,945
This seminar, presented in conjunction with the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE), is a first step for organizations that want to become more environmentally friendly. Fundamentals of Carbon Reduction is available as a four-day classroom seminar or as an instructor-led online course. At the end of the course, participants have the option to take the Association of Energy Engineer’s CRM examto become certified in this new area of expertise.
Online course details and registration information
NOTE: Registering for the seminar does not automatically register you for the CRM exam. After completing your seminar registration, return to this page, select the CRM Exam registration link below and complete and submit the form. The fee for the CRM exam is included in your seminar registration fee. You must register for the seminar to be eligible to take the exam.
Register for the CRM Exam
No courses currently scheduled. If you are interested in information on availability, contact IIE Director of Continuing Education and Program Development Larry Aft, P.E., (770) 349-1130.
In thiis course you will learn how to conduct a “carbon audit” and how to begin a carbon reduction program. At the end of the course you will have the option to take the Association of Energy Engineer’s CRM exam to become certified in this new area of expertise. If you take the classroom seminar, the CRM exam will be administered at close of instruction on day four of each classroom seminar. For individuals taking the online version of the seminar, the exam will be administered at an ACT Testing Center.
Day 1 - a.m.: INTRODUCTION, EXECUTIVE BRIEFING & HIGH-LEVEL STRATEGIES
• Introduction and the Need for Carbon Reduction
• Class Member Introductions (Student's Goals)
• Review Selected Student Objectives and Profiles, Local Challenges, Problems, Barriers
Day 1 - p.m: INTRODUCTION TO THE CARBON REDUCTION PROCESS
• Insights from Class / Instructor
• Carbon Reduction Process Overview:
• Protocol Overview & Terminology
• Overview: Carbon Audit and Reporting Process (Getting Credit for What You Do)
Day 2 - a.m.: CARBON FOOTPRINT MEASUREMENT & MONITORING
• Components of a Carbon Audit
• Exact Steps to Setting up a Carbon Reduction Program & Reporting Software
• Reporting Software / Reporting Formats
• Verification Process
• Emissions Conversion Factors and Where to Find Them
Day 2 - p.m.: PRACTICAL STRATEGIES & TACTICS TO REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
• Quick Review, Insights from Case Studies
• Proven Tactical Measures to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Day 3 - a.m: MORE PRACTICAL STRATEGIES & TACTICS TO REDUCE YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
• Quick review, Insights from Case Studies
• Local Strategies and Techniques
Day 3 - p.m.: CARBON CREDITS, TRADING AND NEW REVENUE TACTICS
• Carbon Trading and Credit Terminologies
• Creating an Ongoing Green Program
• Process for Finding Profitable Green Strategies
Day 4 a.m.: FINANCING/SELLING/APPROVING YOUR PROGRAM
• Three Big Reasons why Green Projects Fail…and How to Overcome Them
• Financing for Positive Cash Flow
• How to Quantify Benefits and Help Your Organization Improve Its "Environmental Image"
• Marketing Tactics to Help Your "Green" Project Get Approved
• Course Review and Test Prep, Q&A, Wrap Up
Day 4 - p.m.: CRM certification exam
This course is available as a corporate training program and can be customized to meet your company’s needs. For more information, contact IIE Director of Continuing Education and Program Development Larry Aft, P.E., (770) 349-1130.
Class cancellation: IIE reserves the right to cancel a class up to 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date.