This five-day program is designed to cover, in-depth, the 10 knowledge areas in the fifth edition of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
This comprehensive workshop provides practical, hands-on experience in managing simple and complex projects. It not only teaches the best practices of project management, but also the skills and knowledge necessary to pass the exam.
Using a class scenario, the participants create a project charter, WBS, network diagram and schedule. These exercises are designed so that the tools and techniques transfer immediately into the workplace.
The program also includes exam prep tips, templates, exercises and quizzes. The program satisfies the requirements of 35 education hours.
What you will learn:
- Understanding and implementing project management terminology
- Developing a project charter based on a project’s scope
- Creating a WBS to determine scope, schedule, resources, cost, risks
- Producing a project schedule based on the WBS
- Determining the cost of a project based on bottom-up or top-down requirements
- Determining which type of contract is most lucrative for a project
- Focusing on the quality techniques needed for a successful completion
- Creating a change management process
- Managing stakeholders and developing a project team throughout the project
- Learning the “best practices” of project management
- Passing the CAPM or PMP
IIE reserves the right to cancel a class up to 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date