HEALTHCARE ONLINE COURSE PROMO: For a limited time, get 20 percent off when you register for this course along with Healthcare Labor Management Online On-Demand and Introduction to IE in Healthcare Online On-Demand. Click here to register and save up to $475.
This course presents common patient flow challenges and explores the system dynamics affecting patient throughput across the entire enterprise. We will cover industrial engineering concepts and tools you can use to develop metrics and conduct PI projects to evaluate and improve your institution's patient flow throughout the entire patient encounter.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain key concepts of patient flow through an acute care hospital and various patient access points
- Illustrate the importance of the emergency department in today’s environment
- Develop hospital metrics to evaluate patient flow efficiency with respect to historical performance and industry benchmarks
The On-Demand course is divided into four units. Each unit includes 30 or more minutes of recorded material (audio and video).
- Unit 1: Introduction, Bed Management
- Unit 2: Emergency Department, Intro to Six Sigma
- Unit 3: Intro to Simulation and Lean, Inpatient Flow/Care Management, Discharge Process
- Unit 4: Additional Study
- After completing the course materials you will have the option to take the online Principles in Patient Flow & Throughput exam. The exam is included in the course fee. Participants who pass the exam (70% or higher) will receive a certificate of completion. To learn more about this format click here.
- Users of On-Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for 180 days from the date of purchase.
How to Access
After you have registered for the course, you will be emailed access instructions. If you don't receive the email, first check your spam folder and then contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is Patient Throughput
- Admission Sources
- Bed Management/Bed Request
- PI Frameworks
- IP Flow - Care/Case Management
- Discharge Process Improvement