Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics, waste reduction, and engineering to achieve tangible results in the healthcare arena. Master the use of Lean Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues in your company. Once the issues have been quantified, lean and six sigma analysis, including statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Lean and Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Lean Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion Lean Six Sigma implementation in your organization. To earn the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate, you will be required to pass IIE's Online Lean Six Sigma green belt exam. The exam is included in the course fee.
Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects in Green Belt and Black Belt courses.
- A large urban hospital reduced length of stay and was able to postpone a proposed expansion thereby deferring over $7 million in capital expenditures.
- A drug store chain save $173 million by managing its inventory of prescription medications more effectively.
- A regional hospital saved $300,000 annually by eliminating duplication of services.
- A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework.
- A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28 percent.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Design and develop Lean Six Sigma healthcare projects
- Determine process capability
- Employ the DMAIIC process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Prepare root cause and cause effect analysis
- Support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization
- Lean Six Sigma – Overview and the DMAIIC Process
- Team Effectiveness - Learn key team effectiveness and project management tools to ensure the success of your projects: Building high-performing teams, team launch, facilitating meetings, communications/effective listening, RACI charts, managing conflict, project management
- Gate Reviews and the role of the Green Belt in a Healthcare Lean Six Sigma project
- Voice of the Customer and Kano Analysis – Collecting customer information, customer-focused business strategy, converting VOC into CTQ, developing customer surveys, specifying and classifying customer requirements
- Basic Tools – Brainstorming, Cause and Effect Diagram, Nominal Group Technique, Affinity Diagram, Force-field Analysis, Pareto Chart, Multivoting
- Process Mapping – SIPOC, Value Stream Mapping, Swim Lane Chart, Process Flow Charts, Top-down Flow Chart
- Introduction to Variation and Basic Statistics – Normal Distribution, Measures of Central Tendency (Mean, Median, Mode), Measures of Variation (Variance, Standard Deviation, Range), histograms
- The Value of Cycle Time – Relationship of Cycle Time, WIP, and Throughput (Little’s Law), Cycle Time in Traditional vs. Lean Operations, Define Process Cycle Efficiency, How to Measure Cycle Time
- Control Charts – Special Cause vs. Common Cause Variation, Types of Control Charts (Average, Range, Moving Range, Individuals, P-charts), Interpreting and applying control charts
- Waste Reduction
The On-Demand course is divided into nine units. Each unit will include from 30 minutes to 2 hours of recorded material (audio and video).
- Unit 1: Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Unit 2: Voice of the Customer
- Unit 3: Lean
- Unit 4: Process and Value Stream Mapping
- Unit 5: Standard Work and Kaizen
- Unit 6: Six Sigma
- Unit 7: SPC and Process Capability
- Unit 8: Root Cause Analysis and Project Management
- Unit 9: Summary and Case Studies
After completing the course materials you will have the option to take the online Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Exam. The exam is included in the course fee. Participants who pass the exam (70% or higher) will receive the IIE Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate.
To learn more about this format click here.
- Users of On Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for six (6) months. Access will expire six (6) months from the date of purchase.
On Demand Viewing Tips
How to Access
After you have registered for the course you will be e-mailed a receipt for your purchase. At the bottom of that receipt will be the link to the login page. Alternatively, you can reach the login page by clicking the "My Account" link at the top of the training website (www.iietrainingcenter.org). Login with your user name and password you setup during the registration process and you will see a list of the online courses you have purchased with their expiration dates. Click the "Select" link next to the course you wish to view. You will then be taken to a page with links to the Units. Simply click the "Launch" button next to the Unit you wish to view.