This three-day equivalent course provides an in-depth understanding of lean enterprise principles and how to apply them within your organization. Your lean journey begins with a series of interactive simulations that demonstrate how each lean concept is applied and its impact on the process. Mapping the process flow and identifying the activities that add value from the customer's perspective is the cornerstone of this class. The class is then given a scenario and the students simulate the conversion from traditional to lean in a practical hands-on environment. The course also provides a structure for how to manage a lean process for continuous improvement. Participants will learn how to structure their organizations to support and continuously improve a lean process. Participants will also fully understand how to implement 5S within their plants and how to begin reducing setup time using the SMED process.
What You Will Learn:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and improve a lean process
- Implement 5S to develop a safe, clean working environment
- Map the process flow and identify activities that add value
- Reduce setup time using the SMED process
- Flow: Establishing one-piece flow across the value-adding activities
- Point-Of-Use: Using workplace organization and equipment setup reduction techniques to enable flow by having all equipment and materials readily accessible
- Pull: Providing a method for continuously replenishing materials as they are consumed by customer demand
- Built-in Quality: Continuously improving each step of the production process to eliminate variation and to pursue the goal of perfect product and process quality
- Build to Demand: Learn to produce only to actual customer demand
The On-Demand course is divided into seven units. Each unit will include from 30 minutes or more of recorded material (audio and video).
- Unit 1: Lean Enterprise
- Unit 2: Value and Value Stream
- Unit 3: Eliminate Waste
- Unit 4: 5S and Lean
- Unit 5: More Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work
- Unit 6: Takt Time, SMED/SUS, POU, Push vs Pull, Future State Mapping
- Unit 7: Implementation
After completing the course materials you will have the option to take the online Lean Green Belt Exam. The exam is included in the course fee. Participants who pass the exam (70% or higher) will receive the IIE Lean Green Belt Certificate.
To learn more about this format click here.
- Users of On Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for six (6) months. Access will expire six (6) months from the date of purchase.
On Demand Viewing Tips
How to Access
After you have registered for the course you will be e-mailed a receipt for your purchase. At the bottom of that receipt will be the link to the login page. Alternatively, you can reach the login page by clicking the "My Account" link at the top of the training website (www.iietrainingcenter.org). Login with your user name and password you setup during the registration process and you will see a list of the online courses you have purchased with their expiration dates. Click the "Select" link next to the course you wish to view. You will then be taken to a page with links to the Units. Simply click the "Launch" button next to the Unit you wish to view.