Begin your journey to becoming a skilled lean/Six Sigma facilitator in transactional, service, analytical and creative environments with this four-day IISE certificate program. This course provides an intense focus on the development and application of effective meeting/team facilitation skills in a lean/Six Sigma work environment with the use of lean/Six Sigma tools and methodologies to achieve sustainable results. Coverage of facilitation skills and strategies are based on the IAF (International Association of Facilitators) competencies.
Students will be continually engaged in numerous case studies and “practice” sessions, with constructive feedback provided.
Students will be provided a multitude of reference sources, toolkits, meeting templates and frameworks for deploying effective facilitation skills in a quality improvement, lean/Six Sigma environment.
Students should plan on completing evening assignments in preparation for next day’s agenda.
Students will be required to facilitate a four-hour simulated meeting session during the course, demonstrating effective facilitation skills that result in achievement of session purpose. The student’s meeting topic and agenda will be determined during day one of the training program.
What You Will Learn:
- Facilitate improvement team meetings and other types of meetings to achieve specific goals
- Plan and execute improvement events that generate rapid and sustainable results.
- Select and apply the most effective lean and other quality improvement tools most appropriate for specific improvement initiatives.
- Conduct effective root cause analyses to help improvement teams avoid band-aid solutions.
- Use key metrics to eliminate waste, design effective processes and monitor ongoing performance.
- Translate improvements into financial terms.
- Transform leadership into effective continuous improvement champions.
- Leverage human nature to shift organizational culture and set the stage for operational excellence.
IISE reserves the right to cancel a class up to 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date