Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
5 Days | 3.5 CEUs
Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics, waste reduction, and engineering to achieve tangible results. Master the use of Lean Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues in your company. Once the issues have been quantified, lean and six sigma analysis, including statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Lean and Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Lean Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion Lean Six Sigma implementation in your organization. To earn the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate, you will be required to pass IIE's Lean Six Sigma green belt exam.
Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects.
- A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework
- An aerospace manufacturing organization saved over $100,000 by reducing waste
- A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28 percent
- A transportation company saved more than $875,000 per year in turnover costs by improving the employee communications process
- Reduced errors in a painting operation led to increased first pass acceptance and more than $197,000 in annual savings
- A Web developer increased annual profits by 10 percent by cutting cycle time
- A wave solder operation saw defects reduced by half and costs reduced by $60,000 per year
The IIE green belt training is much more comprehensive than most, covering practical key concepts and examples of various projects. Also, the material is communicated in plain, simple English. A week after taking the exam, I have started working on an improvement project. I highly recommend this training.
- Travis Wakefield, optical coating engineer, Thorlabs Inc.
What You Will Learn:
- Design and develop Lean Six Sigma projects
- Determine process capability
- Employ the DMAIIC process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Prepare root cause and cause effect analysis
- Support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization
- Lean Six Sigma – Overview and the DMAIIC Process
- Team Effectiveness - Learn key team effectiveness and project management tools to ensure the success of your projects: Building high-performing teams, team launch, facilitating meetings, communications/effective listening, RACI charts, managing conflict, project management
- Gate Reviews and the role of the Green Belt in a Lean Six Sigma project
- Voice of the Customer and Kano Analysis – Collecting customer information, customer-focused business strategy, converting VOC into CTQ, developing customer surveys, specifying and classifying customer requirements
- Basic Tools – Brainstorming, Cause and Effect Diagram, Nominal Group Technique, Affinity Diagram, Force-field Analysis, Pareto Chart, Multivoting
- Process Mapping – SIPOC, Value Stream Mapping, Swim Lane Chart, Process Flow Charts, Top-down Flow Chart
- Introduction to Variation and Basic Statistics – Normal Distribution, Measures of Central Tendency (Mean, Median, Mode), Measures of Variation (Variance, Standard Deviation, Range), histograms
- The Value of Cycle Time – Relationship of Cycle Time, WIP, and Throughput (Little’s Law), Cycle Time in Traditional vs. Lean Operations, Define Process Cycle Efficiency, How to Measure Cycle Time
- Control Charts – Special Cause vs. Common Cause Variation, Types of Control Charts (Average, Range, Moving Range, Individuals, P-charts), Interpreting and applying control charts
- Waste Reduction
I really loved the background and the real-life examples. I also really like the practical ways that I could use this course. It seems very relative to today's business.
- Jennifer Colborn, unit nurse educator for surgical services, Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Here is the final leg of my project. We made some good improvements and the process is in control. Already some good cost savings and reimbursement we are seeing from this. … Thank you for a great program! I will definitely recommend to my peers.
– John A. Tucker, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Columbia, Missouri
IIE reserves the right to cancel a class up to 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date
Course ID: 1964
Aug 17 - 21, 2015
Course ID: 2136
Feb 29 - Mar 4, 2016
Course ID: 2138
Aug 22 - 26, 2016