30-Day Money-Back Guarantee - Click here for details
Learn the advanced problem-solving skills you need to implement the principles, practices and techniques of Six Sigma to maximize performance and cost reductions in your organization. During this three-week equivalent practitioner course, you will learn how to measure a process, analyze the results, develop process improvements and quantify the resulting savings. You will be required to complete a project demonstrating mastery of appropriate analytical methods and pass an examination to earn IIE’s Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate.This practitioner course for Six Sigma implementation provides extensive coverage of the Six Sigma process as well as intensive exposure to the key analytical tools associated with Six Sigma, including project management, team skills, cost analysis, FMEA, basic statistics, inferential statistics, sampling, goodness of fit testing, regression and correlation analysis, reliability, design of experiments, statistical process control, measurement systems analysis and simulation. Computer applications are emphasized.
IIE’s Six Sigma Black Belt course has been evaluated and recommended for graduate semester credits by the American Council on Education (ACE). Students can earn up to six semester hours in graduate credit at the discretion of each student’s college or university. ACE recommends that the IIE course is equivalent to three semester hours in statistics for quality assurance and three hours in statistical process or design of experiments.
I was extremely satisfied and impressed in the experiences I had through your expertise and knowledge. ... It was a very rewarding and enriching experience that I will use the rest of my life.
- Mitch Cornell, U.S. Coast Guard
What You Will Learn:
- Analyze process data using comprehensive statistical methods
- Control the process to assure that improvements are used and the benefits verified
- Define an opportunity for improving customer satisfaction
- Implement the recommended improvements
- Improve existing processes by reducing variation
- Measure process characteristics that are critical to quality
The On-Demand course is divided into sixteen units. Each unit includes 30 or more minutes of recorded material (audio and video).
- 1-1 (Introduction), 1-2 (Six Sigma Projects) & 1-3 (Intro to Statistics)
- 1-4 (Probability) & 1-5 (Confidence)
- 1-6 (Test of Hypothesis)
- 1-7 (Regression) & 1-8 (Reliability)
- 2-2 (Review of SPC)
- 2-3 (Short Run SPC)
- 2-4 (DOE Part 1)
- 2-4 (DOE Part 2)
- 2-4 (DOE Part 3)
- 2-4 (DOE: Catapult as a Model)
- 2-5 (Simulation) & 2-6 (Measurement Systems Analysis)
- 3-1 (Goodness of Fit Testing) & 3-2 (Acceptance Sampling)
- 3-3 (Voice of the Customer) & 3-4 (Project Management)
- 3-5 (Team Processes)
- 3-6 (FMEA)
- 3-7 (Cost of Quality)
To support all of our Six Sigma Black Belt courses we have established a secure web site with useful supplemental information for the class. To see what materials are included, click here.
After completing the course materials you will have the option to take the online Six Sigma black belt Exam. The exam is included in the course fee. To pass the exam participants must achiever a score of 70% (80% for transfer credit) or higher. To learn more about this format click here.
In order to achieve the IIE Six Sigma Black Belt certificate participants mush complete a Six Sigma black belt project within one calendar year after the passing the Six Sigma black belt exam. For more information about this requirement click here.
- Users of On Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for twelve (12) months. Access will expire twelve (12) months from the date of purchase.
- You must have Microsoft Excel (Preferably 2007 or above)
- The software included with the course fee SigmaZone SPC XL and DOE PRO only supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.
- You must have Windows Media Player or some player that can play wmv movie files.
On Demand Viewing Tips
How to Access
After you have registered for the course, you will be emailed access instructions. If you don't receive the email, first check your spam folder and then contact email@example.com.
- Introduction to Statistics
- Probability and Probability Distributions
- Chi Square
- Student t
- Confidence and Confidence Intervals
- Standard Deviations
- Tests of Hypothesis
- Standard Deviations
- Design of Experiments
- Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
- Process Capability
- Short Run SPC
- Acceptance Sampling
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Goodness of Fit Testing
- Regression and Correlation
- Six Sigma Philosophy and Structure
- Project Management
- Cost of Quality
I want to express my deepest appreciation to you for your guidance in assisting me going through the class materials, preparing for the exam, completing the project, and being certified by a renowned institute like IIE as a Six Sigma Black Belt. I also want to thank all of the other students in the class for your patience and encouragement. The Six Sigma strategy and methodology not only provides me a set of sharp tools at work, which enables me to add more value to my company, it also broadens my career horizon. Because of the certificate, I have already earned more respect from my colleagues! I knew I had made a right choice to pursue this. Again, thank you!
- Roxanne Tu, project manager, Southern California Edison Co.
Larry Aft was the best part of the "Six Sigma Black Belt" seminar. His vast knowledge of multiple industries and his experience in training helped me understand how these concepts could be useful in my line of work.
- Cantrece Green-Ndongala
Here is the final leg of my project. We made some good improvements and the process is in control. Already some good cost savings and reimbursement we are seeing from this. … Thank you for a great program! I will definitely recommend to my peers.
– John A. Tucker, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Columbia, Missouri
Individuals who complete all of the course requirements will receive the Lean (or Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma) Green (or Black) Belt. This certification is valid for three years and must be renewed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Effective April 1, 2016, there will be a $15 fee to cover administrative costs associated with the renewal. Lost certificates may be replaced using the same process.