Networking events are the social connections of the conference. According to Harvard Business School, 65 to 85 percent of all jobs are filled because someone knows someone else. The activities of the AEC Networking Committee provide opportunities for attendees to have some fun, catch up with fellow attendees, and meet new contacts in the industry.
There are three main activities planned each year by the Networking Committee:
- The First Timer’s Orientation includes both a pre-conference webinar and an on-site presentation. This event assists conference attendees in navigating the conference program and activities to make the best of their time at the meeting. While it is geared toward those new to the conference, it is open to all attendees.
- Now in its fourth year, the Ergo Quiz Bowl is rapidly growing in popularity. The ultimate ergo challenge, teams compete in their knowledge of ergonomic facts, fiction and folklore in this fast-paced quiz game. Open to all attendees to participate or attend, this event draws large crowds and includes two to three rounds held over the course of two conference days.
- The Networking Event is the culmination of the Networking Committee’s efforts to bring conference attendees together. Each year, we seek out a local venue and create an opportunity for attendees to gather in a relaxed atmosphere of sharing and networking. Now in its fifth year, this event has been growing in popularity.
The Networking Event for 2014 is an evening at King's Bowl!
This is not the smoke filled and stale beer bowling alleys of our youth! Kings Bowl is a classy new bowling alley featuring upscale, retro-inspired décor, good food, cold beer, creative cocktails and great music! Never mind whether you’re a league bowler or haven’t bowled since junior high, you’re sure to have a great time at this year’s Networking Event.
Join us for dinner and bowling at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 25. Cost: $49
Included in the $49 fee:
- Round-trip transportation from the Hilton Orlando
- Two games of bowling
- Shoe rental
- Appetizers, Pizza and Soft drinks
- [Beer, wine and cocktails available for purchase]