Facility tours offer an in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at ergonomics in action at various facilities in a variety of industries. An additional fee is required for each tour to participate.
Hendrickson Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems
Monday, March 16
11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
There will be a brief presentation by the Ergo team discussing the team composition, objective, activities and training. Following that presentation the tour attendees will see three (3) specific work centers where engineering controls have been implemented to address identified ergonomic constraints. Other discussions will be centered on administrative/work practice and PPE controls implemented to improve unsafe ergonomic work practices.
- No cameras or camera phones are permitted on the production floor during the tour.
- All tour attendees will be required to wear steel toe shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection on the production floor.
- No shorts or sleeveless shirts are permitted in the manufacturing area.
- No firearms or weapons are allowed on company premises.
Monday, March 16
12:30 – 5 p.m.
Tour attendees can expect to see multiple air, lube and fuel filters being made and learn the purpose of each filter and their expected performance.
Attendees will specifically see the following ergonomic features and improvements:
- Manual material handling improvement on air filters line.
- Lean ergonomics work cell redesign.
- New process tooling improvement.
- Small just do it ergo improvements throughout the shop floor
- Safety glasses must be worn in the operating
plant at all times.
- Cell phone and camera use is prohibited.
- High heel, open toe, or open backed shoes are
prohibited in the operating plant.
- Loose clothing, including jewelry, must not be
worn in the production areas.
- Headphones or other listening devices cannot be
used in the operating areas.