Congratulations to the 2014 Ergo Cup Winners!
Ergonomic Program Improvement Initiatives
Using 6Sigma To Improve Ergonomic Process Management, Cummins Inc., Jamestown, N.Y.
Workplace Solutions I, Team-Driven Workplace Solutions
Integrated Paint Hook Removal, Manchester Tank, Elkhart, Ind.
Workplace Solutions I-Team Driven Workplace Solutions With Internal Competitions
Shaft Deburr Cart, GE Aviation, Asheville, N.C.
Workplace Solutions II-Engineering/Ergonomist Driven Workplace Solutions
Gas Turbine Airfoil Cutback - 7E Stage 1 Cutback, GE, Greenville, S.C.
And to the Excellence Award Winners - elected by conference attendees
Lower Vanity Plug-n-Play Box, Gulfstream Aerospace Corp., Dallas, Texas
Ergo Creeper, Gulfstream Aerospace Corp., Savannah, Ga.
Rolling Drill Press/Extended Pneumatic Hammer, Snyder Roofing of Oregon, Tigard, Ore.
Ergonomic Risk Reduction
Set ‘N See Stairs Stopper, Toyota (TEMA), Blue Springs, Miss.
The Dual Inspector: One Gadget for All, Cordis Corp., Miami Lakes, Fla.
Looking back at #AEC2014
Click here to view the 2014 AEC Online Proceedings.
- Click here to watch interviews with first-time and veteran conference attendees.
- Click here to watch demonstrations by three Ergo Cup® finalists.
- Click here to watch an interview with keynote speaker Brooks Kimmel and see an excerpt from his AEC 2014 presentation.
- Click here to watch an interview with keynote speaker Dr. Colin Drury and see an excerpt from his AEC 2014 presentation.
- Click here to watch a video review of the full conference.
Click here to view photographed highlights from the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2014.
More AEC attendees shared their conference experience on social media in 2014, especially on Twitter. Here are a few of the best tweets about this year's conference:
- Nancy Laurie (@neddy727): "Learned about the BIFMA standard at the Precon #AEC2014 wonder if there is a similar standard for tractor trailer seating. Anyone know?"
- Brian Sherman (@brian_r_sherman): "Great job AEC planners including Green Belt opportunity at #AEC2014"
- Axendia Tweets (@Axendia): "The best benefit is not sitting or standing, but the transition to and from each. Says, Dr. Mark Benden #AEC2014"
- GOErgo (@GOErgoIIE): "[Keynote speaker] Drury: 'The last thing you want when dealing with nerve gas is an error. #AEC2014 #ergonomics'"
- Humantech, Inc. (@humantech): "Get buy-in from cross functional teams and communicate need for change #AEC2014"
Save the Date
Stay current on the latest practical applications of ergonomics, and don't miss the opportunity to connect with experts in the field again in 2015. Mark your calendar for the 2015 Applied Ergonomics Conference, scheduled for March 16-19, 2015, in Nashville, Tenn. Stay tuned to this site for the call for papers and additional conference details.
Follow GOErgo Online!
Share your professional and academic experiences in ergonomics, safety and human factors on social media including Twitter (using hashtag #ergonomics), Facebook and LinkedIn.