IISE Operations Research (OR) Division Teaching Award
Annual Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Operations Research
The OR division of IISE presents an annual national award recognizing excellence in teaching operations research. The award will be presented at the IISE Annual Conference & Expo May 20-23, 2017 in Pittsburgh.
- The candidate must be a member of IISE
- The course for which he/she is being recognized must be an undergraduate operations research course within an industrial engineering, systems engineering, civil engineering or management engineering program (examples of course titles might be Operations Research, Linear Programming, Optimization Methods, etc.)
- Course materials for which they are being recognized must have been developed by the candidate
Nominations may be made by a faculty colleague or a student who has taken the course from the candidate. The nomination package must consist of:
- Letters of support from the nominator and two other individuals; at least one of the three letters must be from a faculty member and one from a student.
- A course syllabus and supporting items such as samples of different instructional materials used.
- Summary copies of teaching evaluations for the course being recognized.
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate.
- A one-page reflective statement by the individual being nominated.
All supporting documents in the nomination package should be submitted in PDF format. Please email the entire package either as a single PDF file or a single compressed/zipped file to Dr. Mary Beth Kurz.
Nomination deadline: Feb. 28, 2017.
Winner notification: March 15, 2017
If you ever had a great OR instructor in college, this is your chance to recognize this individual!
University at Buffalo
Pensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Oklahoma State University
Texas A&M University
University of South Florida
Operations Research division page