The Pritsker Doctoral Dissertation Award
Recognizes research in industrial engineering. The first-place winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize from the Pritsker Corp., and will be invited to present a paper on the dissertation at the Industrial Engineering Research Conference.
IISE members and non-members.
Members of the IISE Board of Trustees and Honors Steering Committee are ineligible.
- No more than one first place, one second place, and one third place award will be given each year.
- The dissertation research must be in fulfillment of requirements of a doctoral degree in industrial engineering or in an interdisciplinary doctoral program with a major in industrial engineering.
- The dissertation supervisor must be a member of the graduate faculty of the industrial engineering department of the university granting an ABET-accredited undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must have completed all doctoral degree requirements in the year (Sept. 1 - Aug. 31) prior to the award nomination deadline.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from the dissertation advisor, and a maximum of two pages.
- Submit a journal-quality paper that focuses on a major contribution of the dissertation. The paper may be co-authored by the nominee’s dissertation advisor.
This award is judged by the Pritsker Committee.