The Outstanding Early Career IE in Business/Industry Award
Recognizes individuals in business/industry who have made significant engineering contributions in the application, design, research or development of IE methods. The award recognizes individuals who have shown outstanding characteristics in leadership, professionalism and potential in the field.
IIE members who are within six years of starting their first full-time business/industry position after earning a bachelor's degree and within 10 years of the granting date of their bachelor’s degree on the Dec. 1 nomination deadline. IIE Members serving at the director level or above, or on the IIE Board of Trustees and Honors Steering Committee are ineligible while serving.
- Not more than one award is granted each year.
- Candidates will be evaluated on professional accomplishment and service to the industrial engineering profession.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Three letters of recommendation should be limited to a maximum of two pages each.
- The nomination form, the nominator's letter and CV package should be limited to 12 pages.
- The entire nomination packet should be no more than 18 pages total.
This award is judged by a committee consisting of CIE members.