Logistics and Supply Chain Division Teaching Award
Second annual award for excellence in the teaching of logistics and supply chain
The Logistics and Supply Chain Division of IIE invites nominations for its second annual award recognizing excellence in teaching logistics and supply chain courses. The award will be presented at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo May 31-June 3, 2014, in Montreal, QC, Canada.
- The candidate must be a member of IIE.
- The course for which he/she is being recognized must be a logistics and/or supply chain course (examples of course titles might be Logistics Engineering, Supply Chain Management, etc.).
- Course materials for which they are being recognized must have been developed and taught by the candidate for at least three years or more.
Nominations may be made by a faculty colleague or a student who has taken the course from the candidate. The nomination package must consist of the following:
- Letters of support from the nominator and two other individuals; at least one of the three letters must be from a faculty member and one from a student who enrolled and completed the course.
- Course syllabus and supporting items such as samples of different instructional materials used.
- Summary copies of teaching evaluations for the course he/she is being recognized.
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate. A one-page teaching statement and philosophy by the individual being nominated.
All supporting documents in the nomination package should be submitted in PDF format. Deadline for nominations is Feb. 21 and the winner will be notified March 7.
Please e-mail the entire package either as a single PDF file or a single compressed/zipped file to Dr. Dincer Konur at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Russell Meller, University of Arkansas
Ismail Capar; Texas A&M University
Logistics and Supply Chain Division page