Outstanding Middle Career IE Leadership Award for Business/Industry
Sponsored by the Industry Advisory Board (IAB)
- Recognizes individuals working in industry who have excelled in their role as a practicing manager/leader within their organization. These are IISE members who demonstrate outstanding contributions for making significant impact utilizing their IE skills and abilities above and beyond the ordinary expectation of their position.
- The mid-career leadership award for Industry shall demonstrate the value provided in terms of economic impact and benefit afforded by practitioners of industrial engineering tools and concepts. The award and the nominees will help increase the public understanding of contributions to society made by the profession as a whole.
- Examples include process improvements, innovative problem solving, outstanding staff development of other IEs within their organization and/or application of industrial engineering skills within their industry. The award may be given to recognize a single achievement or a series of achievements that produce world class results in a short time for the individual’s organization.
- Must be a current senior member of IISE with 7+ years practicing engineering/ or supervising/ managing engineers in a non-academic position(s).
- IISE Members serving as at a Director level or above, or on the IISE Board of Trustees and Honors Steering Committee are ineligible while serving.
- Not more than one award will be granted each year.
- Nomination period ends on Dec. 1.
- Candidates will be evaluated on their professional industry accomplishments toward enhancing the IE profession by demonstrating enhanced process improvements, innovative problem solving and other applicable skills.
- Candidates must demonstrate that they have excelled within leadership skills by providing examples of how they have supported the development of either direct or indirect staff as industrial engineers through their leadership abilities.
- Complete and return nomination form.
- Three letters of recommendation should be limited to a maximum of two pages each.
- The nomination form, the nominator's letter and CV package should be limited to 12 pages.
- The entire nomination packet should be no more than 18 pages total.
- A committee consisting of 3-5 IAB members will determine if an award is given as well as the most worthy recipient as the winner of each year’s award.
- The committee shall announce a winner in time for IISE to coordinate the actual award and presentation at the following spring’s annual conference.