Lifetime Membership - $74.50
Working on Your Behalf
Your membership helps support IIE programs that benefit the whole profession:
Elevates the image and prominence of industrial engineers. By bestowing awards that recognize the achievements of prominent IEs, taking part in high-profile events such as National Engineers Week, and working on campaigns that put industrial engineering in the minds of the public, IIE raises the awareness of contributions made by industrial engineers.
Ensures the continued value of an industrial engineering degree. Through funding and volunteer training, IIE provides ABET accreditation of educational institutions, which ensures the ongoing value of an industrial engineering degree. And to support professional engineering licensure, IIE provides test question evaluation as well as test preparation classes.
Supports industrial engineering education. Scholarships, technical competitions, educational colloquia, and diversity programs are aimed at helping undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students who study industrial engineering so they’ll be successful in their chosen career.
Promotes engineering as a career. Partnering with high-school teachers, career counselors, and even elementary schools, IIE offers a way for young people to see their future in engineering.
How We Are Organized
A volunteer-driven association, the Institute of Industrial Engineers relies on its Board of Trustees—elected from and by the membership—to provide leadership and overall direction to all IIE activities and operations.
A professional administrative staff provides operational
support and development as directed by the Board of Trustees.
Additional leadership is provided by boards, and committees
made up of volunteer members like you.
Are you a hands-on, get involved person? Find out more about how to volunteer with IIE at www.iienet.org/volunteer.
Lifetime Members are recognized upon application if a member’s age and continuous years of membership for which dues were paid total 100. They are entitled to all the benefits of IIE Professional Membership, may vote in IIE elections, and may hold IIE offices. Contact IIE Member and Customer Support to determine your eligibility.
Unlimited Access to Knowledge and Solutions
- Your membership includes a subscription to Industrial Engineer, IIE’s award-winning magazine
- Reduced member pricing for peer-reviewed journals including IIE Transactions.
- IIE Blogs covering a wide variety of industry topics.
- IIE Knowledge Center – thousands of case studies, newsletters, industrial engineering terminology, webinars and archived technical articles to get help with real issues from industry experts.
- Conferences and seminars including the IIE Annual Conference at a significant discount
- Online member directory to find colleagues and subject matter experts
- Social networking through LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Join a society or division and connect with peers in your specific industry or discipline
- Join a local chapter and meet those who live and work near you
- IIE Training Center – special access to discounted training, continuing education and professional development
- Career Center access
- Free access to webinars throughout the year
Other Valuable Benefits
- Significant discounts on IIE training and conferences
- Voting Rights – All membership levels (except students) may vote in IIE elections
- Opportunities to hold an IIE leadership office
- Awards acknowledging technical and professional achievements
- Volunteer opportunities – Volunteer to work a single day of a conference, take on a three-year commitment to serve on IIE’s Board of Trustees, or anything in between. These opportunities broaden your leadership experience and are valuable additions to your resume.
Discounts from third party participants
- Auto and home insurance
- CDs and money markets
- IIE WorldPoints MasterCard
- Life, health, accident and dental insurance
- UPS overnight shipping discount
- Allied Moving Benefits
*All member dues are in U.S. dollars. Dues are for one year and subject to change without notice. First-year members are charged an additional $15 for processing.
› Membership Home