About the Operations Research Division
Members apply mathematics and sophisticated computer programs to solve engineering problems. Some members work in areas such as forecasting, statistical analysis and simulation. Operations Research News, an email newsletter sent periodically to all members, includes articles on simulation developments and applications and statistical process control as well as other points of interest.
Operations Research Division mission
The mission of the division shall be to support its members by fostering networks, offering programs and maintaining resources that represent their core competencies and/or areas of specialized practice.
Operations Research Division goals
These five goals are essential to addressing IISE's mission:
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a body of technical knowledge.
- Provide a forum for technical networking.
- Be perceived as the voice of the technical specialty.
- Collaborate with IISE to support the mission of the Institute, provide member value and promote the discipline.
- Work with the NLC to establish a set of metrics that track society and division activities.
Operations Research Division Board 2015-2016
Dept. of Industrial Engineering
Immediate Past President
North Carolina State University
Sandra D. Ekisioglu
University of Louisville
Operations Research Analyst
NASA Langley Research Center
Directors 2015- 2017
Ruben A. Proaño
Rochester Institute of Technology
University of Arkansas
To view the Division bylaws, click here.
Division Newsletters Archive