#IIEAnnual Social Media Tips
Whether you're attending the IIE Annual Conference and Expo 2016 or catching the highlights on the Web at home or work, we encourage you to share your thoughts about the conference, comment on speakers and sessions, and bring the topics you discuss during the conference to the online social media community. This is a great opportunity to learn from others outside of the session rooms and to network with fellow professionals within the industry.
We encourage you to take time to share your content on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram as well as other social media sites you regularly visit online. The content you post - whether it's simply tweets or short posts, photos, and/or video content - will be shared throughout the IIE social network and may also appear on the IIE website or in an upcoming issue of Industrial Engineer magazine.
Here are a few suggestions* to be aware of as you participate in social media activity tied to the 2016 conference:
- Tweets about this conference should be tagged with #IIEAnnual, so include the tag in your tweets.
- You have 140 characters to write with per tweet (including links and tags), so do your best to describe each element of your experience in a single post. But feel free to tweet as often as you like throughout the conference.
- If you'd like for IIE to consider retweeting your post, then tag them directly by including @IIEnet anywhere in the tweet (not necessary to include "please retweet" or "please RT" in the post).
- Click here to find IIE on Twitter.
- Post comments, photos and video on the IIE fan page and/or the IIE group page (IIE will be posting conference content exclusive on its Facebook group page throughout the conference week).
- Tag yourself, fellow attendees and the Institute of Industrial Engineers in any conference-related posts.
- Click here to find the IIE group page on Facebook. Click here to find the IIE fan page on Facebook.
- LinkedIn does not have a photo or video display, but there are plenty of IIE group members eager to share and discuss the conference.
- Like and comment on posts by other conference attendees.
- Continue your session conversations on LinkedIn during and after the conference.
- Click here to find IIE on LinkedIn.
- IIE will be sharing images taken during the Annual Conference on the popular photo-sharing app.
- If you will be using this app at the conference, then remember to tag @iienet or include the tag #IIEAnnual in the comments/captions.
- Click here to find IIE on Instagram.
IIE is also looking for attendees who may be interested in blogging about their experience for IIE Blogs (http://IIEblogs.org)! If you're interested in writing about your conference experience after it ends, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Blog about IIE Annual 2016" in the subject line for details.
We hope you are able to capture the best highlights of your conference experience with your iPhone, Android, or other smart devices to share with IIE and the online industrial engineering community. We look forward to seeing this annual event through your eyes!
*IIE has the right to omit or delete any social media content that it finds may be objectionable to the community.